At funny Feet we welcome all children and pride ourselves on providing a safe and stimulating environment for the children attending our club.
We achieve this by:
We achieve this by:
- Having dedicated staff who ensure the needs of all children who attend after school and holiday clubs are met
- Providing the children with a healthy snacks after school.
- Our staff act as role models and interact with the children to help them develop mentally, physically and creatively
- Ensuring parents are involved as much as possible in the club through consultation
- Ensuring that as a club we strive to meet best practice benchmarks through staff training and continuous professional development
- Working to our policies and procedures and ensuring that they are reviewed annually
- recruiting staff using safer recruitment practices
Typical Opening Hours
- After School Club: school end until normally 6pm.
Please be aware any lateness past the advertised closing time will be chargeable at £8 per fifteen minutes or part thereof. This is to cover staff and other costs.
At Funny Feet we believe play is essential to each aspect of a child’s development. In our club, children have the opportunity to interact with children of different ages, thereby strengthening their social confidence. Staff provide a child led environment, allowing the children to make choices from the varied activities on offer which are supervised at all times: Team Games, arts and craft sessions and organised outdoor/indoor sports. Staff plan activities ahead of time using the children’s input and by being led by their interests but with the flexibility to adapt when necessary. We also ensure that we incorporate celebrations, events and festivals to develop their understanding of the world.
Children who are new to Funny Feet
When children first join After School club there is a period of induction. During this period a member of staff will outline the club’s rules and routines. Another child will usually be allocated to act as the new child’s buddy for the first few sessions. Each child will also be given the opportunity to complete an ‘All About Me’ form which will help the staff get to know your child and cater activities around their likes and dislikes.